Tuesday 6 October 2009

Street Art



The Wooster Collective global website celebrating street art and Freedom. This is a brilliant blog of street art from around the world. There is a vast range of material and one can spend hours browsing this site. It showcases some of Banksy's Work, one piece in particular that struck my attention was the image below on the Separation Wall in Jerusalem.

This image is ironic as it shows the most idyllic view which is supposedly on the other side. This is what people may think but in reality it is a country fighting with conflict and equality.
After subsequent research I found Banksy's Website which opens with a Pablo Picasso quote, "We artists are indestructible, even in a prison cell or concentration camp I would be almighty in my own world of art. Even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell."A strong open remark that reflects his attitude towards his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment